Latest News Doctor Who
Build-A-Bear Workshop and BBC Studios have today revealed new additions to their Doctor Who range, launching a brand new Dalek plush, and Tenth and Eleventh Doctor costumes.
The new additions join the Doctor Who Bear, Thirteenth Doctor and blue Tenth Doctor costumes launched last year. The Doctor Who Bear features branded blue paw pads and a blue heart on its chest.
Anjali Khosla, Senior Manager of Brand Management, Build-A-Bear Workshop said
Julie Kekwick, Senior Licensing Manager, BBC Studios said
The Dalek plush (£15/$13.50 RRP), Eleventh Doctor Costume & Sonic Screwdriver Set (from £15/$20 RRP) and Tenth Doctor Costume & Sonic Screwdriver Set (from £15/$20 RRP) will be available in the UK and US and can be bought exclusively on the Build-A-Bear website from 19 February 2021.
The Doctor Who Bear is available online now from the Build-A-Bear website for £21.50 /$29.00 RRP.
We quite often double bank recordings based on availability, which means we have a track on here that we recorded some time back. Whilst covering The Space Museum, we also took the opportunity to show Jeremy Bulloch an episode of The Time Warrior, and that is a fitting tribute on this disc to a lovely and much-missed man.”
BBC Books have announced a new fiction novel to be released later this year:
The Ruby’s Curse
A River Song / Melody Malone Mystery
She’s got ice in her heart and kiss on her lips…
1939, New York. Private Eye, Melody Malone, is hired to find a stolen ruby, the Eye of Horus. The ruby might hold the secret to the location of Cleopatra’s tomb – but everyone who comes into contact with it dies. Can Melody escape the ruby’s curse?
1939, New York. River Song, author of the Melody Malone Mysteries, is forced to find a reality-altering weapon, the Eye of Horus. River doesn’t believe in curses – but is she wrong?
From the top-security confines of Stormcage to the barbarism of first-century Egypt, River battles to find the Eye of Horus before its powers are used to transform the universe. To succeed, she must team up with a most unlikely ally – her own fictional alter ego, Melody. And together they must solve another mystery: Is fiction changing into fact – or is fact changing into fiction?
The Ruby’s Curse is Alex Kingston’s first Doctor Who novel, and is released following the successful launch of Doctor Who adventures written by actors Tom Baker (Scratchman) and Sophie Aldred (At Childhood’s End) featuring the Fourth Doctor and Ace.
Albert DePetrillo, Publishing Director at BBC Books, said:
The novel is released in hardback on 20th May 2021, and is available to pre-order from Amazon UK.
Candy Jar Books have announced the second novel in series eight of Lethbridge-Stewart:
Written by George Ivanoff
Cover by Adrian Salmon
Former pop star turned entrepreneur Trevor Delacy and his Electric Soundscapes company are about to launch their new synthesiser onto the market. But all is not what it appears to be.
With much fanfare, a scary new science fiction series, Fear Frequency, premiers on British television. Cheaply produced and rather schlocky, it nevertheless makes an impact in an unexpected way, attracting the attention of Lieutenant Bill Bishop, who is still recovering from the events of ‘Domination Game’.
Discovering a connection between the television series and Delacy, Lethbridge-Stewart sends Regimental Sergeant Major Samson Ware to infiltrate Electric Soundscapes. Meanwhile, Bishop is eased back into active duty with a supposedly easy investigation of strange goings-on at an old persons’ care home.
Of course, nothing is ever easy for the Fifth Operational Corps, and Lethbridge-Stewart and his men soon find themselves battling against numerous opponents and frightening new weaponry.
Fear Frequency is the first Lethbridge-Stewart novel written by Australian author, George Ivanoff, who previously wrote a short story for The Laughing Gnome anthology. Range Editor Andy Frankham-Allen says:
George Ivanoff is a Melbourne author who’s written more than a hundred books for kids and teens, including the Gamers trilogy, the interactive You Choose series, the RFDS Adventures, the OTHER WORLDS series, and the non-fiction Survival Guides; as well as many of school readers and educational books. George’s books and stories have been shortlisted for numerous awards, some of which won their categories. Talking of his new book, he said:
Having written a short story for The Laughing Gnome anthology, I was eager to write more for the Lethbridge-Stewart range. So, when I was asked to pitch for a novel I jumped at the opportunity.
I’m a long-time Doctor Who fan. My favourite Doctor is Jon Pertwee, my favourite era is the UNIT era and my favourite supporting character is Brigadier Alistair Lethbridge-Stewart. So, getting to write that character has been a fan-boy dream come true.
My main objective with Fear Frequency was simply to tell a good story. But I also wanted to be faithful to the characters created by other writers, and I wanted to make sure that, while the novel needed to fit in to the timeline of events in the Lethbridge-Stewart range, it could also be understood and enjoyed as a stand-alone.
Fear Frequency brings the team back together, including RSM Samson Ware, who hasn’t been seen in the ongoing series since The Man from Yesterday, and plays on a familiar theme from the 1970s, as well as tapping into some of the real-world resistance to Doctor Who in both the 1960s and 1970s.
The cover sees the return of Adrian Salmon:
Shaun Russell, head of publishing at Candy Jar Books, said:
The novel is set some eight months after The Web of Fear, transferring the Yeti from the London Underground to the New York City Subway. On bringing back the Yeti, Rick said:
Martin was really thrilled to revisit the artwork:
Highlights of the new issue include:
- Exclusive interviews with some of the authors of the upcoming Target novelisations: Robert Shearman (Dalek), Mark Gatiss (The Crimson Horror) and Joy Wilkinson (The Witchfinders).
- A celebration of the classic Target books.
- Target collectors discuss their hobby.
- Inside the making of the trailer for the Season 24 Blu-ray box set, featuring contributions from Sylvester McCoy, Bonnie Langford and writer/director Pete McTighe.
- Patrick O’Kane discusses his portrayal of Ashad, the Lone Cyberman, in Series 12.
- An interview with editor Rebecca Trotman, who won a BAFTA for her work on Ascension of the Cybermen.
- Family, friends and colleagues pay tribute to acclaimed Doctor Who writer Philip Martin.
- The evolution of the scripts that would eventually become Vengeance on Varos, Philip Martin’s first Doctor Who story.
- A Review of the Daleks! YouTube series.
- Public Image looks at the ratings for Revolution of the Daleks.
- The Fact of Fiction analyses the 1978 serial Underworld.
- The third part of The White Dragon, a new comic-strip adventure for the Thirteenth Doctor.
- Previews and reviews, news, prize-winning competitions, Time and Space Visualiser, The Blogs of Doom and more.
- PLUS a double-sided Target wallchart and a new and exclusive Target book! *
Doctor Who Magazine Issue 561 is on sale from Thursday 4 February
First shown in 1987, the box set can be pre-ordered from today ahead of a release date later this year.
Doctor Who – The Collection: Season 24
- TIME AND THE RANI
- PARADISE TOWERS
- DELTA AND THE BANNERMEN
Season 24 first aired in 1987 and saw the Seventh Doctor and companion Mel, played by Bonnie Langford, travel through space and time traversing alien planets, a hostile futuristic tower block, 1950s Wales and finally, the mysterious colony of Iceworld, where the Doctor meets Ace played by Sophie Aldred.
The Doctor is faced with enemies including the Rani (Kate O’Mara) and the terrifying Tetrapsi n Time and the Rani, Kroagnon and his cleaning robots in Paradise Towers, the ruthless Bannermen in Delta and the Bannermen and Kane (Edward Peel), the murderous ruler of Ice world in Dragonfire.
These four stories have been newly remastered alongside extensive and exclusive special features including
- EXTENDED VERSIONS of all four stories, featuring previously unseen material
- IMMERSIVE 5.1 SURROUND SOUND – on all four stories and extended versions
- ISOLATED SCORES – on all four stories
- BRAND NEW DOCUMENTARIES – Including a feature-length overview of Season 24 -Here’s To The Future, plus The Making Of Delta And The Bannermen.
- RARE STUDIO & LOCATION FOOTAGE – Over 25 hours of raw material never seen before, including behind-the-scenes footage from the regeneration scene
- IN CONVERSATION – Matthew Sweet interviews Sylvester McCoy about his life, career, and time as the Seventh Doctor.
- BEHIND THE SOFA – Four new episodes with Sylvester McCoy, Bonnie Langford, Sophie Aldred, Peter Davison, Janet Fielding, Sarah Sutton, Colin Baker & Michael Jayston
- THE DOCTOR’S TABLE – Sylvester McCoy, Bonnie Langford, Sophie Aldred and Clive Merrison reminisce about the making of the season.
- RARE GEMS FROM THE ARCHIVES – Hours of footage covering the promotion of this season including lots of previously unreleased material.
- AN AUDIENCE WITH LADY STEPHENS – A brand new interview with Season 24 actor and rocky Horror cult figure Patricia Quinn
- BLU-RAY TRAILER – A brand new mini-episode
- CONVENTION FOOTAGE
- HD PHOTO GALLERIES – Including many previously unseen images.
- INFO TEXT – Behind-the-scenes information and trivia on every episode.
- SCRIPTS, costume designs, rare BBC production files and other rarities from the archive
The eight-disc box set also includes hours of special features previously released on DVD and Blu-Ray.
Doctor Who – The Collection: Season 24 can be pre-ordered now from Amazon and will be released later this year.
Last year we produced ten full-length online conventions, broadcast live and for free into your homes. Hundreds of hours of Doctor Who content to keep everyone’s spirits up, with Doctors, companions, guest stars and more, all doing their part, joining in to help out. For anybody who missed it, you can still catch up with these on our YouTube channel.
- Sunday 17th Jan KATY MANNING
- Wednesday 20th Jan MARK STRICKSON
- Sunday 24th Jan TBA
- Wednesday 27th Jan ANNETTE BADLAND & ERIC POTTS
- Sunday 31st Jan BONNIE LANGFORD
|THE MOST CREATIVE IDEAS
Submitted by admin onAdmin’s Blog Comments Read More