- Ancient Ram Inn, in Gloucestershire. It has been featured on various paranormal television programmes.
- Belgrave Hall in Leicester, attracted attention in 1999 when a white figure was captured on CCTV. One theory is it is the daughter of a former owner.
- Borley Rectory in the village of Borley, Essex, England.
- Brislington, once an attractive Somerset village but now a neighbourhood in Bristol, is reputed to have many ghosts.
- Dartmouth, Devon, ancient maritime town has many ghost stories.
- Hoghton Tower, a historic house and stately home in the village of Hoghton, Preston is the second most haunted place in England.
- Minsden Chapel, a ruin in Hertfordshire, is reputed to be visited at midnight on All Hallows Eve by a ghostly monk who climbs now-vanished stairs while the lost bells toll.
- Renishaw Hall, a stately home in Derbyshire.
- Chenies Manor House, a country house in the village of Chenies.
- The Chequers Inn, a pub in the town of Amersham.
- Cock Lane, a street in the town of High Wycombe.
- The Crown Inn, a pub in the village of Penn.
- Finnamore Wood, a forest near the village of Marlow.
- Four Ashes Road, in the village of Hughenden Valley.
- Fulmer, a village near the town of Gerrards Cross.
- Gerrards Cross, a town in south-east Buckinghamshire.
- The George and Dragon, a pub in the village of West Wycombe.
- The Greyhound Inn, a pub in the village of Chalfont St Peter.
- High Wycombe railway station, in the town of High Wycombe.
- Medmenham Abbey, a country house near the village of Medmenham.
- Missenden Abbey, a country house in the village of Great Missenden.
- The Royal Standard of England, a pub in the hamlet of Forty Green.
- St Lawrence’s Church, in the village of West Wycombe.
- St Bartholomew’s Church, in the village of Fingest.
- The White Hart, a pub in the village of Chalfont St Peter.
- Bradley Woods, a forest near the village of Bradley.
- RAF East Kirkby, a former airfield near the village of East Kirkby.
- RAF Elsham Wolds, a former airfield near the village of Elsham.
- RAF Metheringham, a former airfield near the village of Metheringham.
- 50 Berkeley Square, a townhouse in the City of Westminster.
- The British Museum
- Brookside Theatre, in the borough of Havering.
- Bruce Castle, a country house in the borough of Haringey.
- 284 Green Street, a council house in the borough of Enfield.
- Cock Lane, a street in the City of London.
- Hampton Court Palace, a royal palace in the borough of Richmond upon Thames.
- Langham Hotel, a hotel in the City of Westminster.
- Tower of London, a castle in the borough of Tower Hamlets.
- Theatre Royal, Drury Lane, a theatre haunted by the “Man in Grey”.
- RAF Bircham Newton, a former airfield near the village of Docking.
- Raynham Hall, a country house near the village of East Raynham
- Maids Head Hotel, a hotel in the City of Norwich
- Edge Hill, a hamlet in southern Warwickshire.
- Ettington Park, a country house in the village of Ettington.
- Coombe Abbey, a former abbey which is now a hotel
- Ballygally Castle
- Springhill – the 17th-century Plantation House, home for nearly 300 years of the Lenox-Conyngham family.
Main article: Reportedly haunted locations in Scotland
- In Llanfihangel Crucorney, The Skirrid Mountain Inn, one of the oldest public houses in Wales, is reputed to be home to several ghosts.
- Llancaiach Fawr is a Tudor manor house near Nelson in the Caerphilly County Borough. In 2007, the Guardian listed Llancaiach as one of the top ten haunted places in the United Kingdom.
- Plas Teg is a Jacobean house located near the village of Pontblyddyn between Wrexham and Mold. The house has featured on Living‘s Most Haunted programme on two occasions. The second occasion was featured as part of the Halloween Most Haunted Live! series on 31 October 2007. It was also featured in Ghost Hunting With… Girls Aloud in 2006, where the girls visited the house as their first location, where they claimed to have experienced paranormal activity.
House is quite a common thing which is the basic need of every person for a living, but haunted house is not a different thing in the society. There are different places of the world are known because of their paranormal activities happening there. These houses are located in different places of the world but in this article, we will mainly talk about the houses located only in America.
Haunted places have much higher value in the market which is used for different purposes which include for conducting different theme parties and mainly Halloween. These houses are also used for as set for the recording of different horror movies and made these places famous all around the world. There are different stories which are related to these places, and almost everyone knows them, and people there have heard different types of noises as well. Scary places are famous for different scary sounds and the different activities of ghosts which scared the people to much extent.
The following are top 10 most famous haunted houses located in America:
10. Croke-Patterson Mansion:
Croke-Patterson Mansion looks like a big castle not an ordinary house and it was constructed in 1890. It is enhanced with multiple turrets and windows and is named as the territory of spirits. In 1970, this castle was under renovation, and the owner has brought 3 dogs for the safety of the place and then the next morning all 3 dogs were found dead outside the house. The visitors and resident of this castle have faced different sounds of crying baby and many other which has given the title of the haunted house to this mansion.
9. Labadie Mansion:
Labadie Mansion is the one which is not complete building now as it only consist of few brick walls, and all this is now ruined because of the ghosts stories related to it. It is named after the legend building which was constructed in 1893 and 1935 it was declared as the haunted house because of the family living in it has faced different paranormal activities in it and sounds of ghosts as well. It has no stories of murder related to it but people who died in it, it is said their souls are wandering there.
8. Rotherwood Mansion:
Rotherwood Mansion is named confirmed home of two ghosts among which one of them is scary while the second one is sad. It is said that it has a ghost which is a lady in walks in it with the white clothes. It was the wedding of the daughter of the owner of this house who was drowned before her wedding and was said she has committed suicide. The outer portion of this mansion has faced the wandering of wounded horse which has scared the people to much more extent.
7. Moss Mansion:
Moss Mansion is the building which was constructed in 1903 with the latest technology which includes call button system for the servants etc. which is a much amazing thing. The name of this mansion was kept in the name of its owner called Preston Moss who was a banker and newspaper founder. This mansion has witnessed different deaths in the family living there and some tragic loss of their kids as well. All these tragic deaths have created many paranormal activities in it.
6. Ferry Plantation House:
Ferry Plantation House is the one which is constructed in Virginia Beach and was much crowded in past, but it is said that almost 11 spirits are seen wandering there in 1830. According to some people, it is said that it was considered as the best place for the dancing ball parties and different manifests. Some people have witnessed that ghosts have lightened the fire in the brick place. It is the place for many paranormal activities which is open for the public tours to witness it.